Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1

I heard a knock on the door, looked at the clock and saw that it was 5am. It was time. My sister's ride to the airport had arrived and I was about to face this challenge. I laid back down when they walked out the door but quickly realized that may be the only time today I get a chance to take a shower. I got up, started the coffee, and jumped in the shower. When I got out all 4 children were still asleep. Aiden was sleeping on the couch so I curled up with him hoping to catch just a few more minutes of sleep. I think I may have fallen back asleep for a few minutes but the next thing I know my 6 year old niece was in the living room telling me she decided to get up a little early so she had some extra time. It was 6:15. She normally gets up at 7:30. Anyway, I got her to school on time and was feeling quite successful when I got both babies down for naps at the same time. The day was going really good! All 3 boys were so good....until I picked Mac up from school! From that point on was a challenge. 6yr old and 4 yr old bickering....babies getting grumpy....kids didn't want to shower....etc. I'm sure you know how it can be. About 9PM I finally got them all to sleep. I cleaned up a bit and started the last load of laundry for the day. I'm wiped out, yet I really don't think I'll be falling asleep anytime soon. I feel that today was mostly a success....well as much of a success as it can be when you go from being a mom of one to a mom of four in a matter of minutes. I'll let you know if I still have my sanity tomorrow.

0 comments: